7 Anti-Aging Foods
Chicas, you’ve probably heard it a million times – you are what you eat. That’s why our moms are always telling us “come mas frutas!” Maybe not our favorite cliché, but the right foods can actually help preserve our youth and save us lots of money on pricey and ineffective creams. Add these foods to your shopping list to keep the wrinkles at bay:
1. Lemon and Kiwi. Lemons help clean your system by acting as an antioxidant. The cleaner your system is, the clearer your skin. Newsflash! Kiwi contains more vitamin C per cup than the same amount of oranges. Research has shown that higher vitamin C intake is associated with fewer wrinkles.
2. Hate that pesky under eye puffiness? Go for some ginger. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Buckwheat. Que que? Buckwheat seed is found in many dishes like Japanese soba noodles and it has many anti-aging properties. It contains monounsaturated fatty acids, which are good fats that keep your skin youthful and supple.
5. Oysters. Bring on the paella. The high zinc content of oysters is a great beauty benefit, as this mineral is a major player in skin renewal and repair. Aphrodisiac properties are just a fun bonus.
6. Wheat germ. It’s packed with Vitamin B which helps support rapid cell division.
7. Barley. The antioxidants and nutrients found in hulled barley stabilize blood-sugar levels and insulin. The stabilization helps prevent the breakdown of collagen which keeps your skin wrinkle-free. Maybe not part of your usual diet, but some barley soup is starting to sound good right about now.